SDF hosts free webinars that cover a variety of themes which aim to support those delivering services to people who use drugs.
SDF have hosted webinars on topics and themes such as Sexual Health and Blood-Borne Viruses, benzodiazepines, harm reduction, and service provision.
Pre-registration is required for the webinars and numbers are limited so be sure to register early.
Sign up to the SDF newsletter if you would like to be kept up to date on upcoming webinars.
If you have any comments or ideas for future webinars please get in touch.
All upcoming SDF webinars can be found on the SDF Events Page.
All SDF Webinars are recorded and posted on the SDF YouTube Channel after the event.
- Implementing MAT – Living experience perspectives webinar
- Peers are Partners – Expanding naloxone provision in Scotland
- Stakeholder Engagement Event on responding to Benzodiazepine Dependence in Scotland within MAT
- Developing Heroin Assisted Treatment in Scotland – learning from current practice
- Update Event: National Implementation of the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Standards for Scotland
Webinars in 2020
As part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, SDF has hosted a series of webinars that address crucial aspects of the support of people with drug problems and the delivery of effective services that provide treatment and support, reduce harm and protect people from COVID-19.
You can view previous SDF COVID-19 webinars on the SDF Youtube Channel, or you can click on one of the topics below.
- Drug and alcohol problems in remote and rural Scotland: Responding during COVID and beyond – Sep 2020
- Assertive outreach in Scotland during and after lockdown – July 2020
- SDF & Hepatitis Scotland: Using prevention and harm reduction to ensure we hit Scotland’s hepatitis C elimination target – July 2020
- Specific challenges for women who use drugs during COVID – July 2020
- The experience of people who use IPEDs during and after lockdown – July 2020
- Medically Assisted Treatment during COVID-19 and beyond – July 2020
- Developments for naloxone delivery during COVID-19 and beyond – June 2020
- ‘How’s your sites?’- Care of injection-related wounds in people who use drugs – June 2020
- Treatment and care for people with a stimulant problem under COVID-19 and beyond – June 2020
- Volunteering under COVID19 lockdown – supporting volunteers and expanding opportunities – June 2020
- Lessons learnt and challenges with easing lockdown: People with drug problems, Public Health & COVID-19 – May 2020
- Drug Treatment and Contingency Planning in Scottish Prisons under COVID-19 – May 2020
- Interrupting Transmission; Drugs, HIV and COVID-19 – May 2020
- Responding to mental health and isolation in the pandemic – May 2020
- Benzodiazepine use and prescribing during the pandemic – May 2020
- Working with people who use drugs and who are homeless – April 2020
- Delivering OST and contingency planning for pharmacy service reductions – April 2020