Applications now open!
We are now accepting applications from people living in the following areas:
The Borders (AWTP) and The Highlands (RWTP)
AWTP: Apply Online here….
RWTP (Highlands only): Download an Application Pack here….
RWTP (Highlands only): Apply Online here….
About the Project
For nearly 20 years, the Addiction Worker Training Project (AWTP) has supported and trained people with lived experience of drug and alcohol problems, to work in social care.
We currently run AWTP in Glasgow, East Ayrshire, Edinburgh, Borders, Fife, Argyll & Bute, North Lanarkshire and the Recovery Worker Training Project (RWTP) in the Highlands.
AWTP/RWTP prepares people for employment through formal learning and in-work placements over a 39-week period. AWTP/RWTP is a multi-award-winning initiative which offers a unique programme of:
- Paid work experience
- Specialist training
- Intensive support to achieve an industry standard vocational qualification, the SVQ Level 2 in Social Services and Healthcare
- Peer, and one to one support from SDF throughout the employment journey, and beyond
SDF understands everybody coming through AWTP/RWTP has a unique background and level of experience, and with that knowledge we ensure everyone gets the right level of support to help them succeed.
- Pastoral support and professional supervision
- Tailored support with IT, literacy, and to identify any gaps in skills.
- Peer Support – AWTP/RWTP is a group experience, and you will be doing it with other people
- A device to engage in online AWTP/RWTP activities and to complete your SVQ work, alongside any training required to use the device
- Generous annual leave and public holiday entitlement
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme