By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- recall the different types and causes of trauma which may be experienced by clients
- identify behaviours and coping strategies associated with trauma
- describe the relationship between drug/alcohol use and trauma
- recall techniques for managing disclosure of trauma
- identify how to support clients who may be experiencing trauma
- demonstrate trauma-informed practice
- identify techniques to recognise and manage issues experienced by supporting staff, e.g. vicarious trauma including self-care.
Drug workers, housing workers, social workers, GPs, nurses, teachers, mental health workers.
Commissioned – please contact Richard Bloodworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.