An introduction to the various treatment models.
This training explores the various treatment models currently being utilised in the drugs and alcohol field, and identify how these models can be used effectively according to the individual’s needs.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- recall the various treatment models for substance users
- name the substitute prescribing options
- describe the pros and cons of the different treatment options
- demonstrate how to involve service users in identifying appropriate treatment goals
- identify psychosocial interventions for working with drugs users
- recall mutual aid and self help treatment options
- identify the key treatment options and treatment pathways for service users.
People working with problem drug and alcohol users who are in treatment including drug workers, housing and homelessness workers, social workers, GPs, nurses, teachers and mental health workers.
Commissioned – please contact Richard Bloodworth (email@example.com) for more information.