Viral Hepatitis: Policy & Practitioner Groups
Scottish Drugs Forum works on bloodborne virus issues with various groups at policy and practitioner level including:
- supporting lead organisations in the delivery of the National Blood Borne Virus Framework’s high level outcomes
- promoting best practice on initiatives and practices aimed at reducing the non-sexual transmission of viral and bacterial infections in people who use drugs.
- monitor and guide the progress of the Injecting Equipment Provision Database project within Information Services Division
- provide guidance on issues relating to the provision of injecting equipment and related matters.
The Group has an important quality assurance role for the annual Injecting Equipment Provision in Scotland publication, which provides details of findings from the annual survey of injecting equipment to injecting drug users in Scotland.
The Scottish Needle Exchange Workers Forum (SNEWF):
Supports workers directly involved in Injecting Equipment Provision (IEP) across Scotland. Set up by SDF in 1990, and managed by SDF since then, the aims of the forum are to provide opportunities to:
- Share good practice
- Influence policy and practice development
- Share the evidence base for harm reduction services
Membership is free and meetings are held regularly.