National Practitioner Forum for User Involvement (Drug and Alcohol)
This Forum, which has been hosted by Scottish Drugs Forum simce 2011, provides a network for practitioners (paid or voluntary) to share best practice, news and ideas on a variety of topics of mutual interest relating to User Involvement.
The Forum evolved from work carried out by Scottish Drugs Forum’s Big Lottery-funded National Quality Development Programme. User Involvement is becoming an additional feature of the existing roles of a growing number of workers. However, these workers may often be the sole person with a user involvement responsibility in their particular service or organisation.
The Forum aims are to:
- Promote and develop good practice and initiatives in user involvement in the addictions field in Scotland
- Provide opportunities for practice-sharing between members
- Provide mutual practice-based support for members
- Provide a collective voice for members on user involvement issues
- Provide opportunities to explore cross-cutting developments across Scotland
- Provide opportunity to discuss and share implementation and impact of national and local policies and practice in user involvement.
- Venue (currently Glasgow) and catering
- Administration support
- Access to additional resources and expertise
- The Chair is provided by Scottish Drugs Forum. Membership is free and meetings take place quarterly.
The full Terms of Reference for the Forum can be downloaded here....
For further information, or if you are interested in becoming a Forum member, please contact: Bruce Thomson, National Quality Development Facilitator, Telephone: 0141 221 1175 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org