A brief introduction to drugs and why people may choose to take them.
The training aims to increase workers’ drug awareness knowledge and provide an opportunity to explore current and emerging trends with substance use.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- name the seven key drug categories and their key effects
- recall an overview of the key substances in use
- identify the reasons why people choose to use drugs and alcohol
- recall poly drug use and dependent substance use patterns
- describe signs of overdose and how to respond
- identify effective techniques to support people who use drugs and alcohol.
People working with drug users, drug workers, housing and homelessness workers, social workers, GPs, nurses, teachers and mental health workers.
Commissioned – please contact Richard Bloodworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.