Scottish Drugs Forum produces a range of publications on drugs and drug-related issues. They include: (to order hard copy versions contact email@example.com.)
SDF News Editorial
SDF welcomes contributions in the form of articles, letters and news releases. However, contributors should be aware that submissions may be edited.
For further details and to discuss potential contributions, contact Michael Griffin on 0141 221 1175 or e: Michael@sdf.org.uk.
The Bulletin offers a low-cost opportunity to inform a wide range of professionals working in the drugs and drugs-related field about forthcoming events, job vacancies and new services.
View Bulletin advertising rates (Word 121kb).
For further details, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See SDF's current Annual Report here....
Hard copies of previous Annual Reports can be obtained from: email@example.com
SDF Reports and Research
This section provides information on resources developed by Scottish Drugs Forum on a wide variety of topics and issues around preventing damaging drug use and promoting sustainable recovery from drug problems.
Click on the links below to see latest activity on named topics and to download any relevant reports:
- Children & Families Affected by Substance Use Problems
- Criminal Justice
- Drug Patterns & Trends
- Drug Prevention, Treatment & Care
- Harm Reduction
- Mental & Physical Health
- Senior Drug Users
- Tackling Poverty & Stigma
- User Involvement
'What Workers/Staff Need To Know' Booklets
- Anthrax and Heroin Users: What Workers Need To Know.pdf
- HIV: What Staff Need To Know.pdf
- Infections In People Who Use Drugs - Staphylococcus Aureus and Group A Streptococcus: What Workers Need To Know.pdf
Online Directory of Scottish Drug Services
Scottish Drug Services Directory contains information on over 200 drug treatment agencies in Scotland, including referral procedures and opening times. Promotion materials also available email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An easy to use factual reference guide providing information on drugs commonly taken by drug users. It is aimed at those who provide information, help or advice to people with drug problems. Drugs information on this site is taken from Drugfax. Currently out of stock. A new version is being developed.
Methadone at Work: Guidance for Employers
A 20-page easy-to-read guide designed to dispel the myths and give the simple facts about working while on methadone.
New Naloxone Training & Promotional materials
Good Practice Guidelines
- National Guidelines for Needle Exchange in Scotland
- Drug Services in Black and Minority Ethnic Communities in Scotland: Guidance on Positive Action
- Working With Young Drug Users: Guidelines to Developing Policy
- Guidelines for Good Practice at Dance Events
- Drug Use in Rural Areas
- User Involvement
- Women and Drug Use
Publication Request Form