Cannabinoid Masterclass with Dr Adam Winstock
Scottish Drugs Forum is delighted to be able to invite you to attend our Cannabinoid Masterclass by Dr Adam Winstock
Cannabis, and particularly synthetic cannabinoids, have become a focus of concern in a range of settings, including prisons, young people's services, drug treatment and mental health services. At the same time, there has been a contrary move emphasising reported benefits of use and steps towards more tolerant law enforcement.
Dr Winstock, Consultant Addiction Psychiatrist, Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, and also founder and Director of the Global Drugs Survey, is well-placed to describe the extent and nature of cannabinoid use, the issues that arise for users and the support and treatment of users in both clinical and non-clinical settings.
This masterclass will cover a range of issues including:
- Prevalence of cannabis and synthetic cannabinoid use
- Issues users face as a consequence of cannabis / synthetic cannabinoid use
- Self-reported harms of cannabis and synthetic cannabinoid users
- Harm reduction and advice for users
- Harms encountered in clinical work with cannabis / synthetic cannabinoid users
- Links and relationships with mental health issues
- Patient-perceived seed-medication with cannabis / synthetic cannabinoids
- Treatment modalities with cannabis / synthetic cannabinoid-using patient
Date: 15th of March 2016 from 6pm till 8.45pm
Location: Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
Cost: £60 (£49 for SDF Members)
Fee Includes light buffet and refreshments
Scottish Drugs Forum cancellation policy
SDF recognises that, from time to time, delegates may be forced to cancel their bookings. In such situations we would appreciate the earliest possible indication of your intentions.
The following cancellation policy is currently in operation:-
- Written cancellation received 15 working days or more in advance – no charge
- Written cancellation received 5-14 working days in advance – 50% charge
- Written cancellation received 4 working days or less in advance – 100% charge
- No attendance – 100% charge
Data Protection Statement
Scottish Drugs Forum is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. All our electronic data is stored securely in compliance with the Act. We will not pass on any details to a third party and you have the right to see what data we store about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.